You have no idea how many wedding couples are stressed over their pre-wedding photography and worried that it may turn out boring!
Especially when taking your photo shoot in Singapore, you may be concerned about the limited locations she has to offer. However, if you have read our previous article, you would know that this is not true! We have recced and sourced out 5 secret pre-wedding photography locations in Singapore just for you!
However, to create even more unique pre-wedding photography for the both of you, we have jotted down 3 useful tips you may consider to personalise your pre-wedding photography!
Useful Tips To Personalise Your Pre-Wedding Photography #1 : Bringing and Using Your Own Props
This is by far one of the most common methods to personalise your pre-wedding photography. There are no ‘appropriate’ or ‘inappropriate’ props to bring because these props are supposed to carry meanings for the both of you. However, that being said, just ensure that you have no issues to transporting and carrying them from one wedding photography location to the next.
Some suggestions for props to be used to personalise your pre-wedding photography include :-
- Stuff toys – which could have been the first toy your partner bought for you
- Wooden letter blocks and heart shape – most wedding couples would consider bringing the initials of their name instead of all the letters in their name due to costs and hassle. You may consider getting them at affordable prices such as do-it-yourself art and crafts shops or even online shops. Hey, Taobao is your best friend if you need any help!
- Couple watches – this could be presents from the both of you to each other on a certain special occasion. Absence really makes the heart the fonder so the time is a reminder to appreciate each other.
- Couple shirts – you may consider this if you are doing a casual pre-wedding photo shoot. Who cares whether other people on how
- Engagement ring / wedding bands – the ring symbol of circle reflects the continuity and eternity of love for each other, need us say more! (Plus it is a great chance to flaunt it right?)
These are just some of our suggestions on the props to bring, which symbolise something to the both of you. Of course, you may always consider bringing other props for your wedding photography as well, such as flowers, balloons, chalkboards, buntings and so forth.
However, you need to manage your time well if you intend to bring many props! Setting up your wedding photography takes a lot of time (even if you have tried it out at home) because circumstances change when, especially when you are outdoors.
Useful Tips To Personalise Your Pre-Wedding Photography #2 : Pre-Wedding Photography Locations
You don’t have to capture your pre-wedding photography at those common locations if you don’t want to. There is no right and wrong. Even with the secret locations, if you have other wedding photography venues in mind, then go for it. Most importantly, what we are saying is to capture your pre-wedding photography at locations which are meaningful to the both of you.
Some suggestions for locations to go for your pre-wedding photography include :-
- First dating place such as beaches, parks, shopping centres – guys, if you are reading this and scratching your head, you better get your homework done in advance! Don’t say we didn’t warn you! (if you don’t even recall the place…then we hereby wish you the best of luck!)
- Schools – if this was the place both of you met and were classmates/schoolmates in the past, schools could also be a place to consider. Especially so if it was the place you two used to date and spend most of the times at together (psst, we promise not to tell your mother!)
- New house estate – with the increasing trend of opting for Built-to-Order houses, new estates with more fanciful designs have also been in the to-go list for pre-wedding photography
Useful Tips To Personalise Your Pre-Wedding Photography #3 : Just…Be Yourselves
Are you feeling awkward and difficult to be your natural selves with a camera sticking in your face? But that is really your best bet if you want your pre-wedding photography to be unique!
What we mean by just be yourselves is really what you would do when the both of you are together. For example, if the both of you loves splashing water at each other at the beach, then do this during your pre-wedding photography! If you love to run and chase each other around, then go ahead and let yourself carefree! Or perhaps either one of you love to cover up your other half in sand? Nobody is stopping you! Just imagine how happy you two would be and that happiness being captured on camera!
If you are an animal lover, why not bring your pet along your pets for your pre-wedding photography? Of course, you will have to check if the location permits pets. We are certain this will not only guarantee you a unique personalised pre-wedding photography but also a perfectly cute one!
With the above 3 useful tips to personalise your pre-wedding photography, we hope that you will never find yourself thrown into a boring and average looking pre-wedding photography anymore!
Make an appointment with us here now if you want to know more about our bridal services!