#newyearnewyou? That’s the common hashtag at the countdown party. As brides of 2019, what are the goals that you’re setting for yourself and your hubby-to-be? Here, you have top 5 new year resolutions for brides that can save your wedding and your marriage!
New Year Resolutions For Brides #1 – Don’t Be A Bridezilla
You’ve probably heard horror stories of perfectionist brides micromanaging every detail. Such as::
- Demanding the wedding photographer to recreate wedding photos to pixel precision.
- Frequently changes wedding gown choices without a care
- Not showing understanding towards the wedding vendors
- Being nasty to her entourage
The truth is, you don’t want to be like that. Burning bridges and making life difficult for others is never one’s new year’s resolution.
- Confide in your loved ones when you feel the bridezilla arising. It helps to have someone to remind you.
- Look out for your trigger points. When it happens, take a step back before letting it go out of proportion.
- Tunnel vision is normal when you’re so caught up with the planning. So plan for dates with your partner and get yourself away from the stress. This way, you’d have loving and committed marriage to look forward to after the wedding.
New Year Resolutions For Brides #2 – Look Your Best In The Wedding Gown
Being the biggest day to date, you would definitely want to look your best. As you march down the aisle, you feel that all eyes are on you. Photos of your radiant smiles are captured as you walk towards your partner.
Some brides opt for a strict exercise regime, while others change their diet. Yet, it’s hard to do so when you’re juggling your full-time job, building your relationship with your hubby-to-be and planning a wedding.
- Confidence is always sexy: When you truly love yourself, others can’t help but love the energy you give off. Here are 12 tips to radiate confidence in any wedding gown.
- To look slimmer in a wedding gown, it boils down to what suits you best. Opt for one that favours your body type, instead of going for trends or wedding gowns on sale!
- Aside from the wedding gown, explore wedding tricks to look flawless in your wedding photography!
New Year Resolutions For Brides #3 – Get To Know Your Future In-Laws
You’re not just marrying the man; you’re marrying the family. Getting to know his family is an important part of being married.
So cultivating this new-formed relationship with them, and planning a wedding can be a platform to know your future in-laws. But it can also potentially result in conflicts due to lack of communication. During wedding planning, there are plenty of decisions to be made. Some can be made logically and transparently, such as the budget. Others are less straightforward, such as preferred traditions.
So, one of the new year resolutions would be to set off her relationship with her in-laws on a good note, while executing the perfect wedding!
- Get to know your in-laws outside of wedding planning through a simple meal. This way, you build a meaningful relationship with them and allow them to get to know you (and vice versa).
- Make respect a priority. Whether you agree with their traditions or not, one of your duties as a daughter-in-law is to honour your elders. Give them the due respect for bringing up your hubby-to-be. After all, they did play a huge part in making him the man he is today.
New Year Resolutions For Brides #4 – Plan A Wedding With Minimal Stress
A wedding is akin to a massive project. There are wedding gowns to look at, wedding photographer to choose, floral theme to nail down… and don’t forget, your future in-laws to work with. Between keeping to a timeline and wrapping your head around traditions, wedding planning feels like a full-time job.
There are many details in planning a wedding. You would need to arrange the necessary logistics with the relevant wedding vendors. On your big day, there are already many things happening – from hairstyling and makeup to the arrival of the actual day wedding photographer and the set up of your gatecrash by your entourage. In an event like that, there’d naturally be wedding disasters that you might not have foreseen.
- Learn how to destress during wedding planning with these tricks. Learn to loosen the knots and don’t let it get the better of you.
- Organise details such as timeline and budget with relevant updates (and avoid mistakes!): Don’t leave things to the last minute!
- Embrace imperfections! The irony is that the more perfect you want it to be, the more mistakes there might be. Don’t let it affect you when things don’t go exactly the way you want. Sometimes, it might be a blessing in disguise!
New Year Resolutions For Brides #5 – Build A Strong Marriage
Brides know that it’s the marriage that’s important. After all, the wedding is to celebrate your union. More than ever, growing a relationship with their husbands-to-be based on open communication, shared support, respect, and teamwork can be practised during wedding planning.
While you’re both co-workers during the wedding planning, you’re also lovers and friends and cheerleaders for one another. Don’t forsake this chance to deepen your relationship!
- Listen with patience: When you actively listen, you also get to understand one another’s thoughts better. You learn about each other in a deeper and more meaningful way.
- Listen to understand, not to convince: Naturally, the both of you share different opinions. If you start the conversation with the intention of getting the other party to agree with you, you’re setting yourself up for arguments. Instead, make understanding the goal.
- Listen for goodness: All brides and grooms have different wishes! Sometimes, when you hear something that contradicts your thoughts, it is natural to assume the worst. Instead of that, try to listen for goodness in one another’s hearts.
At the heart of every bride is a loving and committed relationship. Planning a wedding is simply one step towards building that kind of marriage. Locking down these new year resolutions for brides – and applying the practical tips are good steps forward!
Make an appointment with us here now if you want to know more about our bridal services!